Tuesday, March 5, 2013

9 Weeks


With Deven away, week 9 has seemed pretty exhausting.  I just can't get enough sleep....who knew making a baby was such hard work!

We were expecting a large snow storm over the weekend, so thought it made sense to line up a snow plow driver so I didn't have to use the snow blower on the 8-12" of snow - fortunately it fizzled to just a couple of inches.  I spent most of the weekend resting on the sofa and catching up on movies.  Although, I threw in a run to the grocery store.  I have to say that was the least crowded I've ever seen Market Basket, and on a weekend at that.  Though I was so winded after my 1 hour trek through the market that I came home and "napped" my way through the end of the weekend :).

All stocked up on snacks, keeping myself from being consumed with nausea at work, has been manageable.  And, my Crohn's symptoms have started to dissipate somewhat, so it's a give and take.

Here's what's been going on with the baby this week:
"The baby is now the size of a green olive and has grown about an inch since last week. Tiny muscles are beginning to form, so while he might not be ready to pump iron, he's gearing up to move his arms and legs."

Our little olive has also had it's first milestone this week.  It's not graduated from an embryo to a fetus.  So much is changing so fast.  While it feels like things are progressing slowly at this point (at least externally), I can't believe how much this little bean has already changed in such a short period of time!

No comments: